Monday, January 22, 2024

City in RUINS

 

Nehemiah 1:3

King James Version

3 And they said unto me, 

The remnant that are left 

of the captivity there in the province 

are in great affliction and reproach: 

the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, 

and the gates thereof are burned with fire.


As I started this blog yesterday, we finished six articles as of last night.

Today, another article came forth.

And amazingly, more articles are being born.

I expect this to be a series of articles on "rebuilding".

Only because SPIRIT led me to a MOST timely theme.

The rebuilding of the walls and gates of Jerusalem.


To my mind, it's timely, for obvious reasons.

We know what Israel had gone through in 7 October 2023.

And now, an answer comes forth?

From the Old Testament yet?

And in quirky ways that will astound both Jew, and Gentile.

We really have no idea the richness of Scripture.

All I can say is, "Wow!"


Such are the ways of SPIRIT, if your heart is right with Him.

If you care to know the answers.

Or even if you merely go about your daily work for Him.

He leads you to magnificent connections.

Which just keeps my heart in awe.

I expect this to be a marvelous adventure in knowing the reasons for ruin.

The ability to rise from ruin.

And the breadth of GOD's love, despite disobedience.

There, in so few words, SPIRIT already guided me to the framework.

So, let's begin.

Let us see what happened to Jerusalem.

In the time of Nehemiah, the king's cupbearer.


Interestingly, he was cupbearer to Artaxerxes I.

Who happens to be the fifth king of kings to the Achaemenid Empire, from 465 to December 424 BC.

This empire was also called "The First Persian Empire".

It was founded by Cyrus the Great in 550 BC.

You mean, Israel and Persia were once friends?

Interested yet?

Don't you love what the Bible reveals in the Old Testament?

Never again will you hate Israel.

You will see how all our nations are linked.

How today's enemies, were once allies.

Here's the backgrounder:

Nehemiah 1:1-3

King James Version

1 The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. 

And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, 

in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,

2 That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, 

he and certain men of Judah; 

and I asked them concerning the Jews 

that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, 

and concerning Jerusalem.

3 And they said unto me, 

The remnant that are left of the captivity 

there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: 

the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, 

and the gates thereof are burned with fire.


Nehemiah 1:4-7

King James Version

4 And it came to pass, when I heard these words, 

that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, 

and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,

5 And said, 

I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, 

the great and terrible God, 

that keepeth covenant and mercy 

for them that love him 

and observe his commandments:

6 Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, 

that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, 

which I pray before thee now, day and night, 

for the children of Israel thy servants, 

and confess the sins of the children of Israel, 

which we have sinned against thee: 

both I and my father's house have sinned.

7 We have dealt very corruptly against thee, 

and have not kept the commandments, 

nor the statutes, nor the judgments, 

which thou commandedst thy servant Moses.


Nehemiah 1:8-11

King James Version

8 Remember, I beseech thee, 

the word that thou commandedst 

thy servant Moses, 

saying, 

If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad 

among the nations:

9 But if ye turn unto me, 

and keep my commandments, and do them; 

though there were of you cast out 

unto the uttermost part of the heaven, 

yet will I gather them from thence,

and will bring them unto the place 

that I have chosen to set my name there.

10 Now these are thy servants and thy people, 

whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, 

and by thy strong hand.

11 O Lord, I beseech thee, 

let now thine ear be attentive 

to the prayer of thy servant, 

and to the prayer of thy servants, 

who desire to fear thy name: 

and prosper, 

I pray thee, thy servant this day, 

and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. 

For I was the king's cupbearer.


What happens next?

Let's turn to the next post.


Image: Clean Png


FORTIFY your HOMES

  Jeremiah 51:12 King James Version 12 Set up the standard  upon the walls of Babylon,  make the watch strong,  set up the watchmen,  prepar...